Project METAL Costing, Funding Sources and Sponsorship
- > Project M.E.T.A.L. Teacher Leadership is a 2-year initiative with cost implications. Similar 2-year Teacher Leadership programs as Project METAL elsewhere cost between $3,650.00 and $23,265.00 per teacher.
- > In essence, the minimum comparable cost for best practice Teacher Leadership is an equivalent of =N=1.3million per teacher for a 2 ½-year program or =N=530,000.00 annually per teacher.
- > Notwithstanding the high costs associated with Teacher Leadership training programs worldwide, Project METAL is introduced as a Tuition-Free initiative based on the support of Partners, Sponsors and Donors.
- > Scorpiosis Centre and its sponsors are providing funding for Teacher Leadership research; the design to make Project METAL Teacher Leadership training model affordable; publishing, printing, and free access of teachers to the course materials; installation of online technology; and subsidizing the administration of tests and issuing of certificates to participants.
- > Of the costs associated with Project M.E.T.A.L the only contribution expected of educational/school management is mainly for tests administration and certificate at =N=12,000.00 (or less than US $35.00) per teacher for each year/level of the 2-year duration initiative. There are eleven individual and one Cohort assessments per level/year.